Sunday, August 19, 2012

PaTienCe.....



Anyone who knows me, knows that I am NOT a patient person. I have been having a personal struggle as of late with being patient and today was the day that it all came to the surface. In the midst of trying to be patient I have allowed myself to become bitter. So today we woke up and went to church just like any other Sunday. As we were sitting there a little 12 year old boy got up and started his talk on prayer. In his talk one sentence absolutely hit me. He said, " When we pray for things we need to have faith in our Father in Heaven AND in His timing". Now it's not like this is the first time I've EVER heard this, but today it was like I heard it for the first time..... 



So when I heard these words I just fell apart right there in the middle of sacrament meeting. Luckily I had my wonderful husband to take me into his arms so that not every single person could see me blubbering away. (We have a small ward so it's not to hard to see most everyone.)Without asking he knew exactly what was wrong and he did his best to comfort me. He has been my strength. I realize that I need to have more patience and faith and not allow myself to become bitter. After church Cory told me that his brother Cody asked him if he had pinched me or something. It made me laugh but also made me feel really dumb for crying in front of everyone. It helps me see that I need to just chill out and enjoy life in the mean-time. 


I need to focus on the good and be thankful for what I have. I am so blessed to be a member of this gospel and to have the family that I have. I have so much support and love all around me.  It's easy to become bitter at times, but I can't be negative when I am so richly blessed each and every day. I love my husband, my parents,my siblings, my in-laws, my puppy, and most of all my Heavenly Father. All in all I am one blessed little lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment